Over the course of four ~1 hour video tutorials, you’ll learn:
- The melody and left hand chords for traditional Cornish tune Royal Wedding
- Learn to pulse using the bellows for deeper rhythmic feel
- Learn what phrasing is and how many different ways there are to craft it
- Learn how to create and control dynamics i.e. volume for greater expressive playing
- Right hand harmony and accompaniment
Sheet music and handouts are provided to accompany the classes, but there is a heavy emphasis on learning and playing by ear.
Please note that this is an archived series of recordings from classes which ran live Mar-May 2022. They have been made available here for you to revisit the content on demand in your own time.
There is no live interaction or contact time with Mel during this recorded series. For access to live Zoom classes, Q&A and email support from Mel, sign up to the current live block.
Who it’s for
Mel’s Advanced group classes are for DG melodeon players at the Advanced step on their Melodeon Journey (see guidelines)
How it works
IMPORTANT: Make sure to tick the box at checkout to receive emails from me when you enrol on this block of classes.
This triggers an automated email directing you to ‘The Melodeon Zone’ – your personal learning space here on my website.
This is where you’ll find the class recordings, handouts and any other relevant materials.
You can access The Zone 24/7, 365 days a year from wherever you are in the world – as long as you have internet access!
How long will I have access to ‘The Melodeon Zone’ for?
You have lifetime access to the materials relevant to the block(s) you purchase via your user account.