How to Build a Successful Online Music Teaching Business
Have you taken to the internet in the last few months to teach music online in the wake of the COVID-19/Coronavirus crisis?
Like many musicians, myself included, we’ve had to adapt fast in the wake of losing performance work in the ever-changing global crisis. The fear of our careers falling away before our very eyes has taken a real toll mentally. And the not-knowing when it might return is torment. Who knows when it will return and to what level of normal it will.
Midway through March when the pandemic was starting to take hold, I was overwhelmed with enquiries from fellow musicians asking how to teach online. I wrote a blog post (you can read it here) with the key points I felt were important if you were just starting out as an online music teacher. It was flattering to feel that others looked to me for advice – the last 7 years of my career haven’t been for nothing!
But, there is so much more to share. It’s not just about which webcam and which online platform you use to teach through. If you want to be a successful online music teacher, you need to think about the Bigger Picture…
Take your Online Music Teaching from Temporary Stop-gap to Permanent Business Feature in 7 Days
By this point, if you started teaching music online early on during the crisis, I would expect that you’ve mostly gotten to grips with how it all works and have found a way that works for you to keep the pennies rolling in as a short-term solution.
But, have you given any thought to keeping online music teaching going for the long-term as a way to provide sustainable and predictable income?
If not, or you’re wary of the idea, my online course encourages you to see the Bigger Picture of what’s involved in building a successful online music teaching business. Get the answers you didn’t know you needed!
Let me walk you through the process one day at a time. I can’t wait to share with you what I’ve discovered and am still discovering in building my own business.
How this course works…
- The course is broken down into 7 daily segments each with ‘Learn’, ‘Discover’ and ‘Take Action’ lesson pages
- You will receive an email each day with information on how to access that day’s tasks
- Tick to consent to receiving important emails from me at the checkout — check your spam filters!
- Once the lesson is open, click and watch the video (and read any other instructions), and then complete the tasks given
- I’m aiming for each video, and the task thereafter, to take about 1 hour each day, but of course, if you want to spend longer, feel free!
At the end of the 7 days, you will have created a framework to help your online music teaching business move forward.